Monday, November 24, 2008

Chrysta comes through like a champ.

Terese, chrysta the cursed, was my upstream for HSKS6. What did it contain? Only the very best and most thoughtful items. The EXACT needles I wanted, (Kollage square doublepoints, only available in this country since October, size 0)which are hard to find and had to be mail ordered from far away... a little sheep purse for stitch markers and other tiny knitting essentials that traveled to me all the way from Nepal, luscious chocolate to drive off the dementors, two sock patterns - one named after a character in my fan fic, no less, although I have no idea if Chrysta knew this, or was reaching into the beyond... the very exact color of the very exact sock yarn I have been dieing to try all summer - Plymouth Happy Feet in ccolor 4, which resembles kettle-dyed red, four ounces of fantastic Border Leicester roving from a sheep local to her, dyed by her. It will make the perfect sock yarn. There was a bookmark that features Glinda, the good witch, and says "Only bad witches are ugly" and a set of Chibi needles in a Gryffindor Gold Chibi needle case...

But the central point of the package was the tote she sent me, which she designed, knit and felted. It is a perfect knitting tote. First of all, it stays open, so you can see what is in there. Second, it has the coolest pocket on the inside which is actually big enough to put something in. And thirdly, well, it is in Gryffindor stripes. She calls it the "Portable knitting tote" and says the pattern will be up on Ravelry soon - I say look for it, get it, it is a GREAT bag. You could stripe it, you could solid it, you could festoon it with any number of gee gaws or leave it plain. It is a great design and you will want one when you see mine.

Unfortunately, my camera and my computer are still not on speaking terms and I will probably have to uninstall the printer/scanner/copier/Ginsuknife/pocketfisherman/survivaltool that I have here, do the pictures and reinstall, which for a person like me is a major undertaking. I am going to see if she has posted pics, and maybe get her to, if she hasn't. This is definately a kit that should NOT be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've asked Chrysta for pictures so we can put them on the Best Kits blog, but in the event that she does not have them, do you have someone who can download the picutres you took? I would like her to be included in the Best Kits contest.
If you could either email me, Rav me or leave me a comment on my blog lettting me know, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
Bevin