Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Slytherin House Quiz


Posted Sunday, February 1, answers due on your blog by Thursday, February 5 at midnight EST.



What are your three most favorite colors?

Green, and Burgundy, and ... Lavender Blue



What are you three least favorite colors?

Salmon (especially in acrylic yarn - that is a bad mix and gives me flashbacks to eight grade...)

Kelly Green (This is bright green. St. Patrick's day Green. Absolutely no subtlety whatsoever green.)

Anything pastel. They make me look like the undertaker did a bad job.



Your favorite candy is Dark Chocolate. I have Dementor problems, and having dark chocolate around is very handy



Draco, Lucius, or Snape?

SNAPE. ABsolutely no contest whatsoever, even if I did like blond men, which I don't.



Do you knit, crochet, or both?

I do both.



What type of kit did you ask for?

I asked for a sock kit.



Acrylic—has its uses, should all be burned, best yarn to work with (choose one)?

Has its uses, especially for babies, friends and relatives who may be all too prone to throwing things in the washer, and anyone who lives with such a one, etc.



Who is the Slytherin Head Girl this term?

Quinn! (And every time I type that I have to physically stop myself from writing "The Mighty Quinn" so there, I have done it once, maybe it is now out of my system.)



Name four “extras” you would love to receive in your kit.

A Slytherin house crest or badge or patch (Whatever you call it)

Something with a snake on it

An old hardback copy of any book by Robert Louis Stevenson. (By this I mean the kind you can pick up at the library booksale for a dollar, or on Amazon as a used book for less than the postage, not something they keep in a locked case at Sotheby's or anything approaching that.)


A knitted pincushion that I can stick my double points in while I am knitting, because sometimes I use various sizes in one pair of socks, and they get lost. I use needles smaller than 2.50 mm for socks most of the time. I frequently use down to size 0000. Normal knitting guage is probably loose enough. Felted would probably be too tight.

I am very fond of things people make themselves. Things do not have to be "official" to be "real"


What are your three most favorite scents?

Lavender, lilac, and rose. However, I can honestly say that I have been so well spoiled in the bath and lotion department that I am sort of stocked up for now.



Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?

Salty and Sweet, or sweet, rather than just salty, except for nuts. Nuts can just be salty.



Which Slytherin is the Keeper of the Crucio List?

Cassandra Puddlemere. Do NOT get yourself in her cross-hairs!



Do you really need more stitch markers?

Need, no, but I do like them, and if someone wanted to make me some because they enjoy making stitch markers and have green stuff in their stash, I certainly would not be unhappy to see them. However, we are trying to keep the expenditures in line this term, and there is no need whatsoever to spend money on ordering a set and having them shipped.



Dpns, circular, or straight?

Double Points, all the way.



What yarn makes you squee?

This is a really hard question, because the yarn that makes you squee to see it, or hold it, may not be the yarn that is going to work up into a project you love. I think I did actually squee on Sunday at a Superbowl sale at a skein of Misti Alpaca Sockweight in a handpainted colorway that looked like a forest not exactly in fall, but thinking about it - say early September. But I would use that for a lace scarf.

And really, I am very happy knitting with pretty basic yarns most of the time.



Favorite HP Movie? Not sure I have one, but I do have a favortie Dumbledore - Richard Harris. Terribly inconsiderate of him to die before the series was over, but ironically appropriate, inlight of the story arc...



Favorite HP character?

Mad Eye Moody. I do love Harry, though, and Snape, and HAGRID... I love Hagrid. but Book!Moody is Hawt!



Who was your first choice for DADA professor?

Blanking here. The one from Bones, Angel and Buffy...



What is the Slytherin Common Room called?

The Snake Pit



What makes you worthy of being in Slytherin House?

I am worthy of being in Slytherin house because I have successfully hidden my parentage for several years, and... I can learn the most from you all. *nods*

No comments: