Sunday, September 14, 2008

Everything you always wanted to know about me but were afraid to ask.

Potter Name: Belladonna Boomslang

Rav ID: Gryffinitter

I am allergic to:

Nuffin. You got nuffin to worry about. We are non smokers, but if you do smoke, I'll just air it out.

Pets that I have:

Currently, none. We are contemplating a goldfish and a service dog, but right now - only the dust bunnies.

My favorite yarn:

On which day? No, make that what Time on which day?

Generally, I like solid color yarns for knitting with. I do some fancy colorwork and I do cables and neither works out as well with hand-dyed yarn - but the very subtle hand-dyes that are really like one color, mottled? Those I would love to try. However, they are expensive - solid is fine.

HAS To be superwash. Because I live with a guy we call Feltdemort. 'nuff said...

If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors?

I am a Gryffindor with a liberal mind on how to interpret "Scarlet and Gold"

My favorite flavor:

You're kidding, right? Chocolate. Dark Chocolate. The kind that could ward off the Emperor of Dementors and his Evil Thugs... Cinnamon is also ok. And Ginger.

My favorite holiday: Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas

SSSHH - I know this is not very witchly of me, but I have come to despise Halloween. I really like Thanksgiving and I really like Christmas. Either is good. As far as Christmas goes, I have no argument with Santa, but I do believe in Christ, so if something actually included some reference to Jesus I really would not get my knickers in a knot. Santa OK, Jesus OK, my husband is Jewish so if you feel like throwing in a Hannukah card, hey, that's not necessary, but totally ok.

I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit)

A sock kit, please.

List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length:

My favorite brand of double points are Boye. They are a little hard to find because they are not expensive - Joann.com and Hershner's have them. I need size zero and size one.

Except that I will soon be getting a package from Megaera of Slytherin for the HSS4, so you might want to ask if she already got them.

I wouldn't mind a set of the Knitpicks Nickel needles in size 2.25 mm (The smaller size ones.)

Is there a brand that you are dying to try?:

One kind I have seen that I am interested in trying are square ones in the new Patternworks catalog, size zero. But they are a little more expensive - just a warning.

I've participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?)

This is my second HSKS swap.

Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day?

Nope - had mine during the last swap.

Other notes:

Between swap partners and knitting pals in general, I am set for quite a while with hand creams, bath oils, and the like.

I promise to appreciate every single minute you spent thinking about, planning, executing and possibly worrying over whatever you make me. I think the questionaire was supposed to ask what we wanted? If I have a choice, I would prefer a bag.

3 comments:

CentyB said...

Feltdemort - ha!

SinKnitty said...

Hi Belladona! Great job with the Survey! Don't forget to do the Quiditch quiz BEFORE Saturday has to be done by friday! We are all counting on you!

Penelope of Flitwick said...

Good Luck with the snitch and dont for get to post your quiz.