Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a Whilde Wheek I had

I was over in NY this past week. Dad took us older kids by apparition - he has it down to a science just how far he can apparate with us, and points all picked out, so it only takes an hour or two, even with rest and bathroom breaks, to get over to NY. Of course we get glimpses of just about every island in the North Sea and a bunch of Greenland, Newfoundland, and every other land between here and there. I don't know how he manages it. Mom port-keys with the younger kids, and we always end up there first, even though she has that special port key.

It was a party with our uncle, who is her sortofbutnotexactlybutheywhomindssowhynot brother. We are actually pretty tight with his family. They figured out late, after Aunt Celia, that they were wizards, so they never went to proper wizarding school which means they are absolutely brilliant and even innovative in the areas of magic they chose to specialize in - at least Dad says so - but can still occasionally be gotten by a Hogwarts kid who keeps her eyes open and does something unexpected. They are either totally good sports about it, though, or else pretending to be thick and therefore being even better sports about it...anyway, this uncle likes turning people upside down so one time Freesia got him with Levicorpus, but he just laughed, and after she let him down insisted that she teach him how to do that, "in case my back ever goes out."

There was no springiness happening at all over there - we went to Niagara Falls and there was still a bunch of ice. Oh well, maybe on our next trip.


Now why am I having so much trouble with this project I am making for my spoilee in this interhouse unity thing? Am I not all for interhouse unity? Am I not actually living in a dungeon for the sake of interhouse unity? Then why, in the name of every graduate of Hogwarts who has ever passed the veil, did I have to frog the 3/4 done thing and pick it back up? Why can I not count to 120 without getting confused?

I am gonna go rip all my green hair out...

No comments: